fear: durian


Im turning 33 in a few days. But since birth, i haven't tasted this fruit, just because everybody says it's awful. Everytime Benjo eats it with gusto, i just look at him with envy. Somehow because of the thought that he's enjoying something im so ignorant of. I remember Eleanor Roosevelt say: "anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do". So today, I dared. I ate durian for the first time!

It 's a bit good. It still isn't my favorite. But at least, i have conquered my fear of it. Im proud of myself! I still got a few to conquer: riding an octopus, bunjee jumping, giving birth (again), losing a loved one, watching horror movies with eyes open. i want to erase all these.. God help me. Just the thought of it makes me want to do a novena. fast. volunteer on a mission.. in other words SURRENDER. haaay. Maybe i'll start surrendering now. God, again, for the second time, PLEASE HELP ME.

Now tell me, what do you fear?

11 comments:

mama_aly said...

when i was in high school, my mom paid me P5 for every seed. i ate 5 then and made P25.

i never had durian again ever.

jb29 said...

bebang! wow glad nga may bag-o nga posts hehehe...

waay pa ko katilaw durian kay waay man dri abi...

tsakto guid ina...life is short so conquer ur fear..(naks)

labay man akon....nga-a masakay ka sa octopus? budlay man guro mangdakop pugita...kag kung sakyan mo ang pugita sigurado dunot sya eh...jok...peace mama!

momoftwo said...

yikesss! No way, Jose! Indi gid ko ya mag tilaw sina Bebs hehehe! Did you cover your nose while eating? that's what some people do ya know hehehe.

What's my fear? I have fear of heights...will not ride roller coaster. Dunno if I can conquer that? maybe? who knows hehe!

My name is Anne said...

congratiolations! cling ni mitzi diri ho, "I honor her."hehe.kakaon na ko na.kay curious gd ko kay mamang nga daw mapatay gd sa durian.nothing extraordinary.daw dahun sang tugabang nga wala naluto.

damo man ko fear. i think mostly, we have the same fears. kag wala ko plano i pang conquer sila tanan. ride octupus?watch horror film? i think God loves me enough to spare me.huhuhuhu...

amo lang na isa ka fear nga syempre i have to face gd eh. death :( not yet.

bebang rulona ... said...

ma'm aly,
when was that? hehehe i bet not a long time ago... ya, i still don't like it myself.. i don't know why some people really like it hehe

bebang rulona ... said...

jb29,
may ara ina sa mga fruitstand.. barato sa subong ang kilo. season siguro sang durian. kag labay mann akon, ang octopus na bala na rides... sila na sang ferris wheel, roller coaster, kag iban pa. ehehe.

watch out ka lang mabalik gid ko seksi hehe

bebang rulona ... said...

my name is anne,
tumpak! daw tugabang gid. hehe.
death. wala tada escape. mo na gani ga amat amat nako conquer sg akon mga fear tanan.. para warm-up. embrace fear. embrace. lab na may pek pek...

bebang rulona ... said...

momoftwo,
i didnt cover my nose, nagpiyong lang ko wahahaha. tuod no ngaa ya nga nagpiyong ako man.

pero nami ka feeling bala mamamaps... try bala hehe

My name is Anne said...

inday, and last word mo sa reply mo sa akon, bad words na sa tagalog.hehehehe

jb29 said...

ello an-an, ang pekpek sa tagalog actually indi mag guid bad word...iya mining muning man lang..pwede man name sang kuring muningning

bebang rulona ... said...

hahahaha meow... meming.. muning ning ... caroline ahahaha =)

wala lang..

AddThis