Jesus... i am tired :(

today's word from here.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Meditation
Matthew 11:25-30

Readings

The Sacred Heart of Jesus

Today, as we celebrate the feast of the Sacred Heart, let’s rejoice in the love, mercy, and intimacy that flow from it. Let’s listen for the cry that sounds from the depths of Jesus’ pierced heart:

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28). Come and lay down your sorrows. Let me hold you and comfort you. All those things in your life that are too hard, let me carry them for you. When you don’t know how to love, forgive, get past the anger, let me help you. Come and tell me about your worries and challenges, your hopes and dreams. Come and let me fill your heart to overflowing. I promise I will give you rest.

St. Bernadette of Lourdes heard that appeal and replied: If I am tired, even if I am exhausted, I can rest in the heart of Jesus. Jesus, I am tired—tired of plodding on the same treadmill every day, tired of working so hard to serve you and others, tired of yielding to temptation yet again. Thank you that I can rest in your mercy and forgiveness!

St. Frances Cabrini answered Jesus’ cry this way: I would become weak . . . if I were to be without the sleep of prayer . . . in the heart of my beloved Jesus. Sorrow smolders in my heart, Jesus. Worry saps my strength. I want to follow you, but the obstacles discourage me. Thank you that I can lay my head, and my anxieties, on your breast. Strengthen me, Lord, as I rest in you today. Jesus told St. Margaret Mary Alacoque: My heart is so inflamed with love for you. Jesus, sometimes I don’t trust your love. It is so easy for me to focus only on my sins and think that they are the only things that inflame your heart—inflame it to anger or condemnation. So I come longing for relief from the sting of guilt, and to know your love more intimately.

“I want to set down the burdens I carry, Jesus, and step back from the busyness of today. I want to drink of your living water. I want to know you and the Father, and to remain in you always. And so, Jesus, I come to rest.”

Deuteronomy 7:6-11; Psalm 103:1-4,6-8,10; 1 John 4:7-16

2 comments:

Iamquietheart said...

hay, it really feel so good to read things like this. grabe gen bilib gid ko sa imo. you always have time for JESUS. I know how busy it is to have a little baby around with another little kuya. but you spared some time to reflect.

actually i also feel medyo restless these days. i wanted to do something that could make me feel better. but after reading your post, parang all i need is just some time to spend with God to make me feel alright.

so how is it being a mom of two? medyo tiring no? but at the end of the day, you are just so thankful for what God has given you. two wonderful angel with a loving husband around. what else could you ask for?

keep it up gen. may God really bless you for being such a good child to Him. take care.

bebang said...

hi vian, hehe indi na ako ga write sang mga reflections ... actually halin na sa site nga gin recomens ni benjo .. basta gani daw na touch ko gina post ko dayun :) kay para pede ko lang mabalikan anytime :) da best gid basta maka spend ta quiet time with the Lord no..

being a mom of two? as in tiring gid pero very fulfilling. grabe ang mga challenges everyday :) but God's is always there.. my sons give me this "depend-totally-on-God" attitude... because of them, super connected ko sa Ginuo.. and i know amo na ang pinaka importante...

miss you vian sayang la pa gid ta kakit anay after so many years no ..

AddThis