what a day

Seven years ago at this time, I couldn't sleep. It was the eve of my wedding. Now, I couldn't sleep again. not for the same reason, but because something really bad happened today. Kuya almost got lost in the church. I was thinking he was with Mae, my cousin who helps me in taking care of the boys, and she also thought K was with me. The moment I realized we didn't have him with us, I whispered a prayer of surrender to God. I ran back to church and ask for help from anybody I came across with, among whom was a church warden. Everything happened in just a few minutes. I think about 5 minutes. But it felt like forever. I was just praying praying praying, I couldn't cry. I remember I was standing by the exit of the church when hubby called me and told me Mae got Kuya already. When I saw him I held him and I don't know how it felt. Mixed emotions. It's not a very happy moment. I almost fainted. But I am praising and thanking God Kuya is here with me, safe and warm. Thank You Lord for that angel who held him and waited for someone to find him. This is a great lesson for us as a family. Needless to say, I must be more focused on my sons next time we go out. Though I can never thank the Lord enough for finding my son, I still shiver with the thought. I can only pray that this bad feeling goes away already. It's torture :(

Seven years ago, I read a passage and that made me sleep peacefully. I'm gonna do it again now....

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Now I hope to have a good night sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a great, special day :) God loves us!

1 comment:

Benjo said...

That experience freaked me out as well but I know deep inside God is in charge and thus that maintained my composure. :D

To God be the glory!

Happy Anniversary to the "Love Triangle"!

AddThis