March 29, 2002

So happy to finally make a layout of this precious photo I have been keeping for more than eight years. Notice the date on the lower right corner of the photo --- March 29, 2002. That was when Benjo (now my hubby) travelled 8 hours by land via Ceres bus, to visit me in my hometown (you see, Philippines is made up of 7 thousand and more islands. He lived in an island so far away from where I lived). I was more than happy to show him around and introduce him to my family and friends, all of whom liked him so much. I want to believe it was not because of the many "pasalubong" (gifts one brings when he visits someone or comes home from travel). I still remember he gave each of my sisters an expensive Adidas wallets and my parents a bag-full of goodies, to my father's delight because "hopia" is his favorite! "pogi points! hahahaha! Makes me love him more reminiscing all these.


Had a fun time making my "secret" journaling written on vellum, rolled and tied with a bakers twine, and the handmade flower using zipper in  this pink-yellow-orange page. Pink means love, yellow and orange are happy colors! Just like BB and me. Trials are inevitable but we always end our day thanking the Lord for the happiness, the love, the meaningful  life we have with our two sons Rujim and Miguel  :)


This is my entry for Pencil Lines sketch 199, Color Combos Galore challenge 154, Create, and American Crafts punch week challenge. Wish me luck! :)

Supplies used: AC papers,AC glitter cardstock, felt, prima flowers, Choc Chips alphas, dew drops, doilies (a gift from Sookie, thank you!), bakers thread, MS punch, buttons, pearl, and a pink zipper for the handmade flower.

No comments:

AddThis