my thoughts @ 36 :)

Yeah! That's how old I am today. I feel a bit funny though. I have noticed I've got 4 more years left, then I'll be 40! OMG! I can't believe it. Until now I still feel 25 LOL! Am I in denial? Am I just childlike? (or childish?). Or am I just feeling very normal? Somebody tell me please....

...started the day wondering where my parents were. I know they're somewhere in Dumaguete "walking". I miss them. I think it's the first birthday of mine without a loud greeting from them. Today I just received an sms... I hope and pray for their safety in the remaining 2 more weeks of the Negros Walk.

... then I played the guitar, sang You Are Our Treasure. The song says it all.
... I read this, this and this. Thank God I have this blog :) it's great to look back :) 3 birthdays back haha!
... asked hubby to buy some meat for hamonada. He went with Miguel. When they got home, they have the meat...  and a bouquet of roses! :)
... i made hamonada and fruit salad for our simple dinner here at home.
... enjoyed reading and re-reading my friends and loved ones' greetings at facebook. I feel so loved! How could I ever thank you guys?:)
... made this layout. a present for myself :)


Some old papers, green paint, ribbons, twine, stamps and a handmade ruffled flower... sketch from the Scrappiest #77  and color challenge hosted by Sookie at SC.



.... now I'm in our room, with my hubby and sons. The three persons who know me. The good. The bad. and still makes me feel everyday is my birthday :) gtg now .... dinner is waiting!

9 comments:

Jolanda said...

Beautiful L/O!!congrats to you!
I always think that everybody gets older exept me...;)Then i hear myself say"oeh,she's old..."and then my mom say's mmm,she was in the same class as you.......mmmmm...so we're all getting older,but hey,also better!!;).Have a very nice day!!

Liz Chidester said...

Wow! Your LO is GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Scrappiest!

Monique said...

Happy belated birthday!! Hope you had a wonderful day!! (and uh, I wish I was only 36, LOL!!). LOVE your layout, the shape, the details, the photo, the color combination, everything really!! Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest this week!

Sara Zenger said...

This is so creative! Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!

Catherine said...

This is absolutely beautiful - what a lovely birthday gift to yourself!

Star Rork said...

WOW! your work is beautiful! Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was a good one....Im going to be 32 this yr but I know I will be feeling the same way you are, every yr seems to be a surprise Im getting older!

Carrie said...

Love how the butterfly flies right off the page!

MouseyMommy said...

This is a fabulous LO!!! LOVE IT...glad you had a Happy Birthday :)

Sandy Ang said...

What a lovely swirly LO !

AddThis