note to self: stay you

This week at Made With Love, we are assigned to work on a "then and now" theme. So here's a layout about me... the baby me and the mommy me :) I want this layout to remind me of my roots... of how I used to be.... of how I should be no matter how much the world and the people around me have changed. 

As a child, according to my mother, I was really nice and polite. And growing up, I remember myself to be sweet, thoughtful, friendly, caring... optimistic, hopeful, always inspired, thankful and happy! Or at least I thought I was like that. I always wanted to please my loved ones. I can't stand it if someone is feeling bad or sad. I would do everything to make everyone around me smile. Because I am like that. I smile even when I'm hurt. Hoping in my heart that tomorrow will be better. I decide to be happy in my sorrows, believing that I have a God who takes care of everything. Smile. Laugh. Even in bad days, I can blog about it and end my posts with happy thoughts. 

But then... 

Failed attempts to please others, fake friendships, life's disappointments, hurts ... led me to brace myself and be someone I don't like. Tough.  Dry. Indifferent. Unconcerned. Selfish. Self-absorbed. Hypocrite.  Because the world seems to find this cool as opposed to the "corny" personality I used to have. Oh how wrong I was. I was not always happy being like that...

Why should I let these negative events dictate me to be a monster. Call me corny, call me weird, call me uncool. Alright. But I don't want to be a bitchy monster... but to be honest I  think I already am :(  I miss the old me. 

So this 12x12 layout will be displayed on my desk to remind me in my journey back to uncool nice-ness. God I'm gonna need help haha! 


Used a mix of papers from Lilly Bee and My Mind's Eye, embellishments from my stash,  and a "stay you" cutout with the help of my Eclips. You may wonder why I kind of covered my (baby) face with the title. There is actually an explanation to that. See this photo?...


... look at the pen mark on my nose ( I believe one of my siblings did that. When we were small, we would ruin each other's photos when we had fights! LOL! ). I don't know how to photoshop (it's an item on my bucket list so maybe soon ok) so I couldn't think of any way to cover that up so, cover-with-the-title it is! :) 

(By the way, I noticed how much I like to make side comments on my sentences using open and close parenthesis. Have you noticed too?! lol!) 

Close-ups... 




... the longer I scrap, the more I realise that I am not a medium-type scrapper. But I am still in denial. I still want to believe I can play with mediums (hahaha !) So there, I sprayed the title with Mr. Huey's clear shiny mist. hmmmn. Looks ok to me :) 

Hope you enjoyed (and was not bored to death by) my very honest post :) Till next time! 

Love, Gen :)

No comments:

AddThis