A life less ordinary...


Dearest Kuya,

Today I am making your blog  public. Beginning today I am going to openly talk about you and AUTISM.  I will be sharing it in my Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram! I'll be talking about it the way I talk about scrapbooking... Mommy's gonna be so busy! =)

Why now?

... because gone are the days when I would never stop crying and feeling so devastated about you being different and special.
... because gone are the days when I could never sleep because I needed to research, study, learn and relearn so many things it felt like I was going to school once again (good thing about it, Daddy and I are classmates!)
... because gone are the days when I would be scared of what  people may think about you.
... because gone are the days when I'd become so pissed when they DON'T know a thing about autism yet they talk a lot about it as if they're pros (I know they mean well and I'm grateful for that but ...)
... because gone are the days when I and your Daddy are so busy with so many things for your welfare we didn't have any minute to waste educating others. You were our priority. And I believe we did the
right thing :)



Why now?

... because now, you are so awesome I can no longer keep it to myself and our family and few close friends.  The world must know how cool and sweet and smart and loving and  happy you are!
... because you and your brother whom you love so so much are bigger now and you spend more time at school and I have a little bit more time to be the President of your Fans Club.
... because now, I am no longer crying. I jump for joy celebrating YOU.
... because now, I'm no longer pissed when I meet people who don't know how to say the right words (well sometimes I still do haha) and I have come to realise that to educate these people, there is so much work to be done. I need to stand up, speak up and be an ADVOCATE. For you, and for  so many other beautiful children out there.
... because now, most of the time, I am not that scared anymore.
... because now, I can honestly say that yes, it is possible to have autism and be happy!




Happy birthday Kuya! We love you so much and I can't thank you and the Lord enough for giving you to us. You are my heaven here on earth. I hope you like our gift for you, the balloons the cupcakes and our picnic later... but most of all I hope that you will always have the peace and joy in your heart that only Jesus can give.










{ C  R  E  D  I  T  S }


Thanks to Daddy who has always been my partner-in-crime in everything. Thanks to Miguel,  who helps you say your prayers, helps you with passwords, who shares with you his toys, who understands that sometimes, things are like that because you are "special batchoy" and so he is proud and happy to be called the "super batchoy" who will be there to support and help you through and through. Thanks to Tita Mae, my sidekick in taking care of you,  for being with us since you were 4 months old.  Thanks to your Grannies, Titos and Titas, Ninongs and Ninangs who have shown you love and support all these 7 years...  Thanks to your  Doctors, Teachers, Therapists for their help and care... Most of all, thanks to God who gives us the faith to fight the good fight...for giving us this life that is never ordinary... so full of mystery and surprises!

9 comments:

Anne said...

siling ko gid nga ma hibi ko. hay naku.

kabalo gid si God ngaa ikaw gin pili nya maging nanay ni uji.

jocrossy said...

I could only smile (big big smile actually) all the way as I read your post. I appreciate your fortitude as a mom and for this wonderful gift for your Kuya. Thank God for gifting you such a heart to bring up wonderful children despite the challenging reality you are in, of course with the help of your hubby...
Basta love love ko gid ang post mo! ^_^
Happy birthday, Kuya! God bless your family more and more!
(",)

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing mother! I'm so touched by your openness and courage! You pitched my heart...God indeed is your strength in all your endeavors.

You & Benjo for sure are the selected ones! God is so proud of you for doing and will keep doing wonderful things for him!

More blessings to your families! =)

Terai

Benga said...

so heartwarming, very well said Bebang, God bless you and your family!

Genevive said...

Manghud ANNE,

amo gid na gina hambal mo sa akon halin pa sang una.. salamat gid. it helps me a lot... and i want to add, kabalo sya nga ako ang gin pili nya for uji.. kag Si Benjo gd gin pili nya nga daddy para kay uji :)


Genevive said...

Hi Jocrossy,

thanks Joy for dropping by my blog.makes me so happy to know you are smiling reading my post... yes, life is always challenging but it's never hopeless kay ara si God :)

Genevive said...

Dear Terai (terai ni sa SFC?)

thank you gid. i really appreciate your words of encouragement... welcoming God's blessings with open arms!

regrds gid :)
love, Bebang

Genevive said...

Benga,

Hi Mayrix! salamat po :) kamusta na kayo :) God bless you too always :)

Benjo said...

I believe this is the best gift that we have given to Kuya. :) Way to go, Kuya! Daddy, Mommy, Miguel (and your Tita Mae) are two steps behind you and loving you all the way! :)

AddThis