STOP and smell the FLOWERS!

Hi! You must have come from Camille's blog and I'm sure you have already seen more than half of the Robin's Nest Design Team's awesome creations... I'm Genevive and WELCOME to my Happy Place!!!  Have a cup of coffee and let's chat a bit...

Here's what I have prepared for you.. a canvas mixed media art! A little bit beyond my comfort zone, (which is usually just paper, scissors, glue, buttons and dew drops) but for you, I'm making something extra special, using a mix of media: paints, inks, embossing powders on a canvas. Hope you will like my "Daisy" art :)



Stop and smell the flowers. Pretty much how dear hubby and me choose to live our life right now. With God's grace and guidance, we try not to go with the flow of this fast, overly materialistic and crazy world. Choosing time (quality time is good but MORE of it is even better) to be with our kids, parents, loved ones and friends, doing what we love, focusing on the essentials, living in the moment --- all these over material wealth, fame, comfort and you-know-whatever-else :)

Because I believe, we may have all the things this world can offer but at the end of the day, are we really happy? Are we genuinely satisfied? By the time we close our eyes at night, can we honestly say "I'm ready to die"? Because the truth is, YOU and I can die anytime.  Hmmn.. 

I am trying my best to be able to answer YES to that. Every night as I go to bed. It's really difficult considering there are so many temptations everywhere! By the way, I'm proud to tell you: I JUST KILLED MY LATEST TEMPTATION: CANDY CRUSH. LOL!

My FB status today says it all:  He is the true bread of heaven that can satisfy the deepest hunger we experience.




Wow. Our coffee bonding sounds so serious.. let's get back to art :) lol! Here's are the main ingredients: 

Daiso (canvas)
Memory Makers (paints, glitter)
Ranger (ink, clear embossing powder)
Robin's Nest (dew drops, glitter crackle cardstock)
Donna Downy (foam stamp)



Steps:
1. Stamp canvas using the foam stamp and black archival ink and emboss it with clear embossing powder. 
2. Mix purple and white paints with a little water. 
3. Using a paint brush, let it drip from top to bottom, bottom to top. 
4. While still wet, let the paint blend by spraying water. Play with it. Add more paint. Spray occasionally until you get the look that you want :) 
5. Dry it with the drying tool. 
6. Add some glitter here and there. 
7. Add the daisies.
8. Add journaling. Mix alphabet stamps and your handwriting. It's more fun and personalised. 




Leave a comment and you'll get the chance to win a "Daisy Package" worth $15 (pack includes: tear drops, papers, and embellishments) + I will give 1 gift to one of my blog followers (so click JOIN THIS SITE at my side bar and mention that you are my follower in the comment, winner will be notified and announced here in my blog) and be sure to complete the blogs on the list below to stand the chance to win the grand blog hop prize to be announced at The Robin's Nest blog on the 21st. of  April. 

Thank you for coming I hope you loved our little chat :) have a great day ahead and carry on ... your next stop is Marilia. Enjoy! 


36 comments:

Robin O'Crowley said...

Very, Very fun

Alice Charles said...

Really enjoying the flowers with a cup of coffee and your chit chat about life :)) *follower*

Brenda Burfeind said...

What an Inspirational Post. Love your Project also

Tonya said...

Love the canvas you created!!! Super fun!!! Thanks so much for sharing :-)

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Love...love this!!!!Gorgeous!!!

Clare D. said...

great project!

Dawn Barrett said...

You have a bunch of deep thoughts! haha...I love the canvas and the cheerful colors and so many textures! wow!

juscrap said...

Gorgeous! Love this project.

Genevive said...

thanks everyone for the visit!!! :)

IndigoEarth said...

Very pretty and full of spring!!

A Myeloma Widow's Journey said...

What a happy canvas - thanks for sharing!

Dianne W

reflections:0) said...

Cute canvas.

Flexie:0)

Terri Sproul said...

I love to make Canvas... great job

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very awesome!! I never thought of the blow dryer... :) Great job!!

Sandra Strait said...

Beautiful layering!

Debi Minter said...

What a beautiful post!! Art and deep life thoughts all in one! I had to follow you because your post touched my heart so much! I love your project and excellent instructions! I may not have all the supplies you used, but I can't wait to make a similar project using the inspiration I got from your blog!!!

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous!
Love it!!

Lynda Jeffs said...

You guys are KILLING me with inspiration - another beautiful project!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the tear drops...

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

Beautiful....I love the colors and your background is great.

Giavanna Lau said...

SO pretty and such a nice sentiment

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

loving your technique and color choice!

Pammejo said...

Beautiful, love your project, makes me want to go play in my studio. TFS

Barbara Rankin said...

Love your canvas piece and how you made it. TFS.

Camille Short said...

This is grand!

Mandi said...

Great canvas. I love your techniques you used.

Debra Lovell said...

Such beauty,and we all should stop and enjoy the flowers! Thanks! "Happy Spring"

Janis said...

What a beautiful piece of artwork you have here! I love what you did with this canvas. TFS, such wonderful inspiration....

TFS Janis

Danie May said...

Genevive I love and totally agree with the thoughts behind your post today and your art is stunning. You should definitely step out of your comfort zone more often if this is what you are going to create. So so pretty, I just love it! xx

Rhonda Helm said...

very perfect piece you have created. you should step out more often. very beautiful.

Wendy said...

Very pretty - great colors!

Embley Veronica said...

Love the purple wash over blue. Those are my two favorite colors to use together. :) I'm now following your blog, too.

CTgirl said...

What a fun visit!! I really like the way you played with the colour on the background! The daisies are fabulous!
The final project is really so lovely!
Thanks for the chat and for the inspiration!!
Hugs
Rene

marylouh said...

Love the colors and the techniques.
Going with the flow is a good philosophy. take care
txmlhl@yahoo.com

StampinCarol said...

WOW! And I love your FB status!

Lyneen said...

Your canvas is FABULOUS... love the the techniques you used... great colors!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Charllie Gee said...

Ang ganda talaga..totally awesome i love everything you did so natural the flowers are cute..i love the paint dripping under andt the stamped stems !!! Increadibly gorgeous the fb status is very wise and very clever lol....

AddThis