mother's day rant

If not for the fact that for some reason I haven't talked to my mother today (and it makes me very disappointed) this day would have been so good.

My boys (with Mae's help) made me a "giant card" as they call it. Last night  when hubby and I got home from the grocery and they fetched and helped us with the bags, Migs said: "when we get inside the house, you will close your eyes, and we will shout SURPRISE! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!" and when we got inside, he did and I pretended to really be so surprised. hahahah. So I enjoyed mother's day a few hours in advance...


I'm sharing this precious artwork with my mother, MIL, sister and SIL. All the mommies in the clan are thought of! Some close-ups...


Mae earned 1000 ganda points here.  She even documented the process and sent these precious behind-the-scenes photos to me!


By the way, have your heard about the recent put-an-end-to-boring-photos campaign in Facebook? Here's my share... 
































Hahaha! EPIC mother's day lunch scene. The hair. The faces. We were rushing for the Block Rosary so we never had the chance to take a better one. Thanks Mae for this jinga-juice-drinking-contest photo BWAHAHAHA! 



We can make everyday a mother's day so I will stop feeling sorry why my mother  never went online and didn't have a minute to pick up her phone today. I will stop complaining that in this special day in her honor she is extremely busy in the shoppe because people are getting married. If God allows, we will all still be here tomorrow and the next day.. and the next... and I can show her how much I am grateful to her for being my mother. 

I will say goodnight now by leaving you this song we sang with the POSAP Rosary Crusade earlier today. Loved it so much (and helped me divert my useless emotions to good ones) so I googled the chords and sang. Husband dear didn't know I was recording it. Take a glimpse of our unguarded moments :D 



Happy mother's day to all of us mommies and to all our moms! I will be back tomorrow to announce the winner of this giveaway. Ciao. 

12 comments:

Benga said...

Don't fret everyday can be mother's day! i didn't know u can play the guitar, and you sing so well! Inggit much haha Happy Mother's day!

Benga said...

Don't fret everyday can be mother's day! i didn't know u can play the guitar, and you sing so well! Inggit much haha Happy Mother's day!

Genevive Rulona said...

was hesitant to post the video as i made so many mistakes but i find the "moments" so precious! id like my children and grandchildren to see this haha! :) thank you Marix! tama... everyday is mom's day. we just talked :)

mickeyfoz said...

WOW! MOMMY GEN!!! Nagulat ako! Dami po pa lang talent!:):) ganda ng voice! Bkit dka n rin nag cantor?:)

Nakakatuwa naman ung isang scandal na un haha:):) chuweet:):)

And the kids....they're so sweet^__^ nakakatuwa naman cla:):)

More pa...neo song^__^

Genevive Rulona said...

Mickey, thank you sa pag comment :) soonest ikaw na naman--- you will enjoy all these too.. ill be one of your blog followers! excited much :))

Anne said...

internet stick lang gamit ko so indi ko pa makita ang video. hehe te indi na da mag sunggod kay plor kay lefung man to sya sa maders day namon ni abe sa iya. cute cute sang pic nila mig kag uji hehe the best and behind the scene shots.

Genevive Rulona said...

Anne - ok na ah, nag skype na kami gina :) happy na ko kag happy man to sya kay nag maders di kamo :)

Benjo said...

One of the most memorable Mother's Day as Migs this is the first time that Migs does not like to be called a baby. :)

burache said...

woooooowwwww!!!! cute cuuuuuuuuuuutttteeeeeeee!!! haaayyyy sniff sniff,,, im so proud im thier tita, sweet2 gid... hhhaaaayyyyy.... you are so lucky inday, haaayyyy happy mothers day!!! ayabyutu! aymityutu!!!

Genevive Rulona said...

:) yes I am. ikaw man in God's time.

yyam said...

Your kids are so sweet! That is one gigantic card! Love the colourful palm prints.

Josephine Minerva said...

Hello there Gen..thanks for your visit on my blog,too. and belated Happy Mother's Day :)

I really WOWed when i browse thru your blog with so much creativity on your crafts... glad to know you're friends with the Talams! :) see ya round :)

AddThis