yummy + happy

I love eating bread. I eat bread when I'm happy.  I eat bread when I'm sad. Which explains my hips (ugh!). One day, I figured, If I love eating it, I might as well love baking it. So I headed to Phoon Huat  right after dropping Miguel to school and shopped for ingredients. That night I baked my very first multi-grain wholemeal bread using this recipe from The Rowdy Baker. I recall saying my prayer  while baking, because I know, no one does it 100% perfect the first time!


But I guess sometimes one can get lucky *wink* because this turned out beautiful! Husband ate two slices even after he had dinner. Yay! And since it was mother's day the next day, I packed some few slices and shared it with my neighbors =)


I still can't get enough of this app. You may see me using it more in the coming days.. It's so easy and fun and because of it I have not been using my DSLR for posting blogs hehe... *lazy* 


Today is my sister Odessa's birthday! I pray for God's will to be always fulfilled in her life. Because that will give her ultimate happiness. This funny pic was taken last Christmas when we shopped for a Christmas tree with friends. I couldn't carry heavy things and she often teases me of having osteoporosis so she insists on carrying this uber heavy box hahaha! But more than that, she has always been there when I'm at my lowest. When I had miscarriage..  when I had to bring my son to a developmental pediatrician for evaluation (torture days!). And just like all my siblings, she's always ready to lend a helping ears when I needed to vent. Love her to bits. Happy birthday manghud!!!

11 comments:

Alice Charles said...

The bread looks good and yummy ^^
Happy Birthday to ur lovely sister *is she the 1 I met at the flea market?*

Genevive Rulona said...

yes Alice :) she is! She's the one who made the hair bands you bought for Eugene haha

yyam said...

Ooooh....I love bread too. Yours look yummy. Nothing beats freshly baked bread...ahhh..with cheese..yum...

Your neighbours must be happy too.

Genevive Rulona said...

Hi Yvonne, yes.. cheese and butter too... yummm if there's an opportunity ill share some with u haha. but i need to practice more first :P

Jimnee Buque said...

lami kaau! can't live without bread! i wish i know how to bake them! i wish i have a sister too! happy bday to your beautiful sister!

Genevive Rulona said...


pwede ko nimo adopted sister Manay :) and it's nice to know nga u love bread pud but sexy gihapon.. naa pa ko chance.. share ur secretssss :D

Josephine Minerva said...

i wish we are neighbors..so i could get a free taste of ur baking hahaha :P congratsss!

Genevive Rulona said...

Josephine, yes that's for sure! kami ni Cathy pirmi ga exchange mga goodies :)

who knows in the future! :)

Benjo said...

So delicious yet so healthy! :) I am eating it even now. :)

Happy +1, Nanay Ditdit! :)

Anonymous said...

Firstly, you should be well aware of your own necessities and what
you exactly want to accomplish with your website. To know more about
the local SEO providers look at previous campaigns and if possible get to know feedback of existing clients.
Hotel online marketingbudgets, on average, will increase:
5.

Also visit my web-site Referencement site web maroc

Anonymous said...

I all the time used to study paragraph in news papers but now
as I am a user of web therefore from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.


Look at my blog :: location voiture casablanca

AddThis