Homemade Granola Bars



Actually, the title should say "Very Chewy Fruits & Nuts & Grains & Seeds Granola Bar" but it sounds like a list of ingredients already haha! 


Inspired by a few recipes I saved in my Pinterest boards (go check it out and follow me!) I made my own version of granola bars because store-bought granola bars are expensive and to be honest, not so yummy. 







Very Chewy Fruits & Nuts & Grains & Seeds Granola Bar 

1 cup sugar (brown is better I think but I didn't have it yesterday so I used white)
3 tablespoons honey
4 spoons salted butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup water
3 cups of  walnuts, almonds, cranberry, grains, seeds, oats (or anything granola-ish you could find in your pantry. I just happen to have a husband who likes nuts and cranberries and raisins a lot. Yesterday I used all his leftovers and added it to my already existing multi grains). 

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. 

Mix nuts, fruits, grains and seeds, oats in a rectangle baking pan. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes to 300 degrees F or until fragrant. Set aside. 

In a saucepan mix the sugar, honey,  butter, vanilla, water. Bring to a boil and stir until it becomes a nice thick syrup. Pour it over and the pan of fruits and nuts.  Mix. Flatten it with spatula. 

Let it cool completely before cutting into rectangles. Serve with love! Store in an air-tight container and take one slice when you need a healthy, energy booster :) 


1 comment:

yyam said...

Ooooh...looks very yummy indeed. Nothing like homemade anything...

AddThis