What HOME means to me ...


I used to dream home as a little white bungalow house, with white picket fence, a huge lawn with a playground for the boys, a garden with lots of vegetables and flowers...  beside that pretty house is my studio where I make and sell pretty stuff and do scrapbooking classes. And this has to be in Bacolod, Philippines. My hometown.

Over time, I want to think that I have grown (maybe just a little bit) into a mature Christian. Because my perpective about all these dreams changed. Radically. 


Right now, home for me is any place God wants me to be, doing the things He wants me to do, being in communion with the people He sends my way (the last one is tough but in His grace, little by little, I will be able to achieve it). I also realised that this world is NOT my permanent home. All these things I can see and hear and touch are temporary. What is essential is invisible to the eye, they say. True right? :)



So now, although part of me still wants that little white house with a garden in Bacolod, I have come to enjoy every bit of what God is giving me... here and now. It's simple. Less complicated. Less disappointments. No more rat race. More time with family and community. More time enjoying the moment. Living each day as if it's my last. More peace. More happiness. Just like home. Just like heaven. Thank You God!





Did this page using Project Life - Midnight kit + Teresa Collins + My Mind's Eye + Paper Market's Singapore kit. Thanks to my friend Nur for counting me in to get the kit! :) 

5 comments:

Sam said...

Love every bits about this spread! And yea! I totally feel you :) since I don't stay in my hometown now.

yyam said...

Ooooh...I love the collage about Singapore...sooo cute!

trishie said...

I think my dream life is about spending more time with my family too and defintiely not rat racE!

Jessica said...

Love your Project Life!

evelynpy said...

love every pretty little details in this spread...where did you get all of the singapore stickers?

AddThis