5 Things You Don't Know About Me

Good morning! Love the cool weather today here in Singapore. I have my coffee and oatmeal with me while I sit by the window, ready to share with you my thoughts... how about 5 things you don't know about me? :)
  • I am NOT competitive. I remember joining beauty pageants (haha!) not for the fame. Not for the crown and for the sash but for the cash. I was in college with my four other siblings and coming from a poor family, I had to do my share to help my parents. So yeah, joining beauty pageants was my part time job. Shy to tell you my titles though hahaha!
  • I was once a Gawad Kalinga mission worker.  So I graduated college and became a licensed teacher in a Catholic school (La Consolacion College) but one thing led to another that I ended up teaching pre-school in a depressed area in the Philippines. That was the time when I met Benjo. When I brought him to the place, he cried. I stopped my mission work when we got married. 
  • The very first things I bought from a scrapbooking store (Made With Love) were a few pieces of papers and my Sizzix Bigshot. I couldn't stop creating paper crafts ever since. I owe that machine so much because it led me to my passion and it gave me a job that enables me to spend time with my boys when they need me. 
  • I am a monster when PMS-ing. Just ask my husband.
  • I used to hate copycats. Read: used to. I remember being so upset with a friend for stealing my personal ideas, copying my interests, buying stuff that I have, switching her style to mine, even changing her color preferences. It went on and on for years and it became so annoying I actually cried one time! Hahaha! But now, I realised, with the help of my father's wisdom, that I should be happy if I am that useful to her.  Besides, I own nothing in this life anyway. I can only hope that such copying makes her a better person. I sincerely feel sorry for telling her off in a really sarcastic and angry manner. I must go and ask for forgiveness, in God's given time. I never thought I would come to this point of acceptance. Maybe it's because I'm turning 40 this year? Oppps, that's already the 6th thing you don't know about me. Lol. 



For this layout, I picked a few papers from Authentique's Flourish collection that goes well with a Kikki.K inspiration card given by a friend, Juanna for my birthday. Photo was taken while I was walking towards the bus stop a few days ago. It was a good hair day, I recall, so selfie it was hahaha! 


... a sticker, a Prima camera resin, date stamps and mini attachers.


... sequins, sizzix swirls, misted leaves + another thing about me: I love cutting. 


... handwritten journaling,  white paint splatters, dewdrops, washi tape, and a little bit of stitching.

That's all! I hope you enjoyed my sharings. Watch out for more "about-me" posts from the rest of the Made With Love DT in the blog

Supplies: 
papers - Authentique
dies - Sizzix
mist - Heidi Swapp, Studio Calico
pen - Sharpie
dewdrops - Robins Nest
resin - Prima
sequins - Teresa Collins 
date stamp - American Crafts
card - Kikki.K 

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Beautiful layout and sharing. I am glad I am knowing you better after reading this. :D

yyam said...

Wow...beauty pageant queen eh? How exciting!
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Oh well, glad you are not upset by that anymore...

AddThis