Mother's Day Gift Set Tutorial | Sizzix

Do you know when is Mother's Day? It's 11th May (I know we always ask this haha) Do you already have prepared something special for mom? Hope so.. if not, I have a little suggestion here for you. 


I made a card and a chalkboard themed gift box using Sizzix dies and papers from Heidi Swapp. 


First, I cut the papers using this super cute Sizzix Match Box die.


Then I embossed a yellow paper using Courtyard and Trellis Set embossing folder. I  applied  white texture paste for more texture and to mute the bright yellow. 


I diecut flowers with the Flower Leaves and Stem die and colored the pieces with chalk inks. 


This bow-tie die is such a good news for us paper crafters... We can make a perfect paper bow in two 
easy steps: diecut and paste! 


I then assembled the card starting with a black base, pasted the embossed sheet and arranged the flowers with brads, stems, leaves and bow. I stamped a "Just thinking of you today" sentiment. 



Now for the gift box, I creased the scored lines and glued flaps to form a match box.  Then I attached a ribbon as handle. 



I used an ordinary black cardstock for this but to achieve the chalkboard look, I powderized a little chalk and rub it over the box. Wrote the word "mom".  Take a look again at the finished project: 


I hope it inspired you to make your very own handmade gifts for Mom! Advance happy Mom's day!  Xoxo, Gen 

Supplies: 
dies - Sizzix 
papers - Heidi Swapp
cardstock - Bazzil 

By the way... here's a bonus behind the scenes pic for you, my assistant :) 





No comments:

AddThis