I had the happiest birthday!

Yes. I turned FORTY. I used to think I'd have a hard time turning forty! But when it finally happened, I surprisingly didn't feel anything unusual except for the fact that I enjoyed every bit of everything that happened. If there's anything in excess, it would be the gratefulness in my heart for being where I am now at this point in my life. It's just super. 

Now, if you think I feel this way because of some grand party, or huge gifts or that my wishes were granted.. you're wrong. Because I didn't have any of those.  Although I kind of obsessed a little bit about it a few months back, with this idea of a huge party or something like that, but on my birthday week, I just got very lazy and only wanted to chill :)

What makes it awesome is the fact that even though I think I am not perfect (I'm just a self-centered, shallow human being who most of the time sucks at the roles He gives me) He loves me just as I am and never gives up on me as long as there's this little seed of faith in my heart. He loves me and makes sure I know it. And He did an extra special job in making sure I felt it when I turned 40. Now this is the part when I really want to cry. ha! 

Here are some highlights of my special day ... 
  • surprise "Hat Party" by my Filipina friends
  • video made by my sister Dit2
  • blog post by my sister Anne
  • sketch by my father with a written greeting from my mother that really made me feel extra special because she never seldom says "i love you" haha
  • "makeuptransformation" by dear husband 
  • dinner date with my family
  • and hundreds of greeting from my family and friends in facebook, instagram :)
Now, if these won't give you a happy birthday, I don't know what could :) I treasure all these and I want to shout out a BIG THANK YOU to all of you who made it happen. Thank you for being God's instruments. It humbles me, gives me so much inspiration and love ... Bring it on 40s! 



I have made it a practice to make a layout of myself on my birthday. This time, I made it using the very pretty dies from Sizzix and papers from Crate Paper


I love love love these Prima dies. I cut a mixture of vellum and patterned papers and added pretty dewdrops. 


I wrote this verse that sums up how I feel about my life right now. Loved and filled with goodness. Not in terms of things I can see but intangible ones. Family + friends + peace + contentment and His everlasting love. 


Another favorite thing:  alphabet die-cuts using Tim Holtz Block Talk die... in gold! I can't get enough of this. You will definitely see more in my coming projects :) 

Thank you for allowing me to share with you my birthday special! And for my fellow scrappers out there, I hope I have inspired you with this layout :)


Supplies: 
Sizzi Bigshot  

No comments:

AddThis