Children's Day Gifts for Sizzix | by Miguel

I love this Sizzix  "You  & Me" Thinlits die set a lot! Look! 



When I picked this, I originally wanted to make a  cute layout of me and Benjo since it's "you and me" and I already had a plan in mind on how to use the couple diecut. But then... 



Someone told me he wanted to make gifts for his classmates (and for Kuya's too) for Children's  Day (here in Singapore) which happens to be tomorrow. I then forgot about my original plans and shifted to his suggestion. That is to make something using WATER COLORS. Hmmn... how can I make him do his "water coloring" while I make my Sizzix assignment? 


Here's what I did: 

1. I diecut boxes using my Bigshot Machine and the Milk Box die. 
2. Folded the boxes along the scored line (the box diecuts are already scored!) and glued the flaps, making the box.
3. Then I diecut the sun, clouds, rainbow using white cardstock (these are the things Miguel will color). Look at him below :D




4. Embellished the boxes with the colorful diecuts. 
5. Added the "Smile" diecuts in gold. 
6. Filled the boxes with sweets, sealed with washitape. 


7. Most importantly, the boxes had to be labeled :) 

The smile on my son's face was priceless! This is one of the Sizzix projects I won't ever forget. Because I had Miguel as "guest designer" :) 

Special Thanks to Mae for helping me and Miguel diecut all the
 needed shapes for all 18 (for Miguel) and 6 (for Kuya) kids. 
Happy Children's Day!!! 


Supplies used: 
Bigshot Machine - Sizzix
Milk Box - Sizzix
You  & Me Thinlits - Sizzix
cardstock - Bazzil
water color
washi tape

No comments:

AddThis