Rujim's Birthday Treat :)

Yesterday was Rujim's 9th birthday! It's almost a decade since I became mom and although life has not been smooth and perfect, I can say, with all my heart and soul that these 9 years are the happiest years of my life. Motherhood is the one role I love the most. I'm sure someone will react why I did not choose wifeyhood lol. 

Since Kuya (that's how we call Rujim, it means older brother in Filipino) does not like parties, I didn't plan anything. We thought we'd just have dinner or maybe plan for a staycation over the weekend. But the day before his birthday, I just suddenly picked up the phone and asked his teacher,  Ms. Yati if we could drop by and bring a cake and some treats to Rujim and his classmates. She said yes --- totally unexpected! Thank you Ms. Yati! :)

I had less than 24 hours to prepare. 

But such a short time is long enough if you have Sizzix! Which enabled me to make a cute mini party detail for Rujim.


It's a boy-themed snack pack! 


I used 3 different Sizzix dies: Loaf Pan (659873) and Kitchen Labels (659865) by Eileen Hull  and Homemade Alphabet (659566). The papers I used are from Echo Park Paper. 


With the help of my Bigshot, I diecut the loaf pan shapes with my sandwich in this order from bottom to top: cutting pad + Loaf Pan die  facing up + paper + crease pad.  

The diecuts are already scored so all I needed to do next was fold and attach the flaps with the mini attacher.



Then I took out the sweets and some white bags and started filling them up.


There are only a few kids in the class so lucky me! haha! I then tied each bag with a blue ribbon. 


For the label, I used this framelits from the Kitchen Labels set. You'll be needing a magnetic platform when cutting small shapes like these. The platform will prevent the little dies from falling all over the place. So the sandwich was: magnetic platform + cutting plate + paper + die facing down + another cutting plate. 


After cutting the labels, I matted it with a red cardstock and wrote "happy birthday RUJIM". 


The red framed the white label making it stand out!


These are very simple and so easy to make. Just perfect for mommies like us who got so many things on our plate but still want to make things special for our little ones :)


That's Kuya blowing his candles. I am not posting photos of his classmates because I don't have photo consent. Some parents may be sensitive about this :)  I baked the cake and decorated it with anything I could find at home. "Rujim" was diecut using the Homemade Alphabet  thinlits set.

I will be posting more about Kuya's birthday in my next posts :) Thanks for spending time with my here in my blog! Ciao! :)


Supplies: 

Bigshot Machine (657900)
Magnetic Platform  (656499)
Standard Cutting Pad (655093)
Homemade Alphabet (659566)
Loaf Pan (659873) 
Kitchen Labels (659865)  
papers - Echo Park 

No comments:

AddThis