Birthday + Valentines Box for my Love :)

40 is the new 20.
So we still can be cheesy!  And it rhymes. LOL!

Today is Benjo's 40th birthday. So I made this special gift for him which doubles as a valentines gift too. Save time and Money. Just kidding :) 


To make this day extra special I made this mini-in-a-box that's not a usual gift box... 


When you open the box, you won't find any store-bought gift. Because there's actually an accordion album that pop's out. Surprise! 





Now would you like to know how to make this? Let me show you. But first, here are the materials you will need. You can get all of these from  Made With Love:

Beacons 3-in-1 glue
Stickles
Dewdrops - Robin's Nest
Ribbon - May Arts


I started with the Sizzix “sandwich” in this order: Extended Cutting Pad + the Sizzix Pizza Box die Die facing up + patterned paper + Extended Premium Crease Pad. I then rolled the sandwich through the Sizzix Big Shot machine, folded the scored lines and attached the flaps using a liquid glue to make the box.

Once the box was done, I cut 2 strips of patterned paper measuring 3.5" x 12 and scored it at 3.5" so that when I fold it in and out, it becomes a square accordion which fits into the box. The bottom has to be glued to the box as shown in the photo above.

Then it was time for the fun part --- embellishing the box and the accordion album! I used stickers from the Echo Park Anything Goes Collection and two handmade details using the Sizzix Bigz Die - Hearts #4.


First is this heart dewdrops shaker with stickles. It looks like a candy treat! :) 


I made it by diecutting 2 pieces of heart vellum with the same process I mentioned above (but this time, you won't need the Crease Pad. Just the cutting pad will do). Seal the two vellum hearts halfway with the glossy accents. Fill the heart pocket with dewdrops and seal the opening. Add stickles!


Second way to use the same Sizzix Bigz Die  is to make this little heart card detail that I used to embellish one of the pages. What I did was to fold a piece of paper that's twice the size of the heart shape I wanted. When I placed it over the die, creased part of the paper should be inside the blade so that part won't cut because we want to have a heart that opens as a card. I know you get what I mean! You can check this tutorial on how I cut the album pages using the same process. 

So that's how I made this little gift. I'm pretty sure dear husband will pretend he so loves it! Haha! But I won't mind a bit. I want to believe he knows this is just "one of those gifts" but the real gift is my love and faithfulness, my fulfilling my roles a wife to him and as a mom to our kids, my patience when he is most annoying, my effort to feel and look good for him, and many more efforts lol!

Happy birthday my love! I hope I make you happy everyday and extra happier today. I love you so much :)

Supplies: 
Beacons 3-in-1 glue
stickles
Dewdrops - Robin's Nest
Ribbon

3 comments:

AddThis