Recipe Book | Sizzix

After a free and easy weekend with the boys at Sentosa to celebrate Rujim's birthday, we are now home, all recharged and ready  for the week ahead. The boys are back to school, Benjo is back to work and I am back to crafting, managing our home and building up the online business I have started lately. 

Here's an altered notebook for you... 


I bought an ordinary $2 notebook from Daiso and turned it into a Recipe Book. I plan to write (as in with my handwriting!) special recipes on it and make it into a family heirloom. If I won't ever have a daughter, I can give it to my neice... or maybe daughter-in-law? :) 


These dies (Kitchen Labels &  Cookie Jar designed by Eileen Hull) are totally cute! When I saw these I knew right away I wanted to make recipe book with these details on the cover. 


I first covered the cover with patterned papers. I just applied glue on the notebook covers, adhered the patterned papers, cut off the excess.  Since we are talking about a recipe book, which will be used for years and years, it's a must to use a strong glue. Like Beacon's 3-in-1.


Then I cut the cookie jar shape. I used an extra thick white board paper for this. I like the texture and the dimension it gives. When diecutting with Bigz dies, the sandwich should be (from bottom to top): cutting pad + die facing up + paper + cutting pad. Run the sandwich through my Bigshot. And I got the shape!


For the cookie jar embellishments, I diecut these labels with my framelits dies. In cutting framelits, the sandwich should be: Magnetic Platform + cutting pad + paper + framelits facing down + cutting plate. 


I chose "YUM" stamp for the label. I heat embossed it using Zing embossing powder in opaque white. 


Simple. Pretty. Just the way I like it! 


Supplies: 
Bigshot Machine (657900)
Magnetic Platform  (656499)
Standard Cutting Pad (655093)
Kitchen Labels  (659865)
Cookie Jar (659867)
papers - Anna Griffin
adhesives - Beacon, American Crafts
ink - Versa Fine, Avery Elle 
embossing powder - Zing 


No comments:

AddThis