Charades


This handmade gift I made for my friend, Anna, is inspired of that time when we had lunch at their place a few days after Christmas, her family and mine played CHARADES and laughed and shouted like there was no tomorrow. It's such a happy memory that both our families will never forget, for sure. 


So now that they are going back to the US for good, I wanted to give her something to remind her of our friendship... something the family can play with. And when they do, they will remember us. 


These are boxes are made using my Sizzix Bigshot machine and the Sizzix Mini Recipe Box & Cards Thinlits Die Set by Where Women Cook. 


Each box contains the family's favorite food, movies or memorable family events. (I asked Anna to give me a list of these things, and she trusts me enough to give the list to me without asking why. Only a true friend would do that.) I would then write all things on the mini cards and keep them in the cards accordingly. Here's how I made this Charades boxes... 


I usually start by deciding on which paper to use. I love this Poolside Paper collection from Crate Paper for its happy & cool theme. So I made my Sizzix sandwich that's made of Sizzix magnetic Platform + Sizzix standard cutting pad +paper + thinlits box die facing down + cutting pad. I then rolled the sandwich trough the machine to have these box die-cuts, scored and ready to be folded and assembled. 


Here are the boxes.. ready to be made and embellished! 


This thinlits die set comes with a decorative die which you can use to embellish the box. I die-cut 3 pieces of the patterned paper and anothe 3 pieces in yellow as a mat, using the same steps I mentioned above when I cut the box. 




Next, I adhered the accents to the boxes and added the Prima crystals. And now, to label the boxes, I picked a sticker sheet from October Afternoon. To make sure that the alphas are centered, I first stick it to a clear ruler ...



... and then transfer it to where it should be. I just saw this trick from the internet years ago and it has always been so useful!


Now that the boxes are ready, I can write the items on the cards! 


Charades game, prettified, is ready! :) 

Supplies: 
Sizzix Bigshot machine
Sizzix Mini Recipe Box & Cards 
paper - Crate Paper, Poolside
crystals - Prima




1 comment:

Redanne said...

This is such a thoughtful idea which your friend and her family will enjoy and treasure for years to come! The boxes are beautiful and that is a great tip about using the ruler too!

AddThis