Flower Hair Band Tutorial

While there are so many urgent and exciting things going on at my side of the world right now. I feel so blessed to still find time to make pretty things. Thanks to Benjo for telling me to never ever stop scrapbooking and crafts (I bet he did that so I won't stop him from his biking too haha!). So this morning, before I left home for a very important task somewhere in Orchard, I spent about 30 minutes making this hair band. 


Yes that's how easy it is. As long as you have all the things you need + the 30 minutes, you're good to go! 


So the things I used for this are my Sizzix Bigshot Machine, Sizzix Cutting Pad, scissors, Sizzix  Flower Layers and Leaf die, felt, buttons, adhesive and a headband. 


If you take a closer look at the Sizzix flower die, you will see the shapes. Cut the felt according to the size of these shapes. 


And since the Sizzix Bigz dies can cut thick materials (chipboards, magnet, fabric, and a lot more!) you can actually layer the felt cut-outs like this and cut all the shapes needed at one go. 


Layer the sandwich in this order from bottom to top: Sizzix standard cutting pad  + die + felt + cutting padRoll the sandwich through the Bigshot. 



Layer the flower and leaves die-cuts with Beacon's glue and add button. You may glue or sew the button to the flower.  I prefer sewing because it adds a nice touch. Some felts may be soft so what you can do to stiffen it is to spray it with your hair spray :) it works!

See I told you it's easy :) I hope you like my simple project! Until next time :)

Love life and live it!
Gen :)

No comments:

AddThis