Best Husband Award

Last Sunday, Benjo and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and I thought, he very much deserves an award for loving me despite my being a difficult wife sometimes if not always heheheee. So I gave him a trophy! 


That's not the trophy. That's the Sizzix Trophy die I used to make the trophy lol. How cool right? I don't need to think of what to give him year after year... I can just make! Maybe just vary the color every year. Hahaha... okay enough of my lame jokes let's move on... 


I wanted to make a card even though this die is not a card die. To do that, I folded the white 12x12" cardstock in half and position it over the die, making sure that the folded side should be inside the blade so that instead of cutting two separate pieces of trophies, you will have one card!  (I Hope I am making sense? I have another tutorial using this technique here)


The Sizzix sandwich for this: (from bottom to top): Sizzix standard cutting pad  + die + paper + cutting pad. Then I rolled the sandwich through my Bigshot machine. Quick and easy! 



This trophy card will open up so I can write my thoughts inside the page.




Here's the trophy for husband dear! The trophy die comes with a decorative accent die and I used it to cut the black cardstock accent for a chalk board effect. 


A handwritten award which we eventually both laughed. How can he not be my best husband when he is the only one hahah!

But seriously, it also means he is my...
Best Friend
Best Coffee Buddy
Best Business Partner
Best Photo Taker
Best Confidante
Best Critique
Best Sugar Daddy jk! :D


So he definitely deserves the award and a cool gift :) 


... and a nice lunch :) 




Thank you BB for our 12 years. God is so loving. He gave you to me. I love you! 


And that's how we celebrated our day.. spent the whole day at home with the kids... and then at night, we went to the park. The couple shirts given by my sister Che-che were so perfect for the occasion :) 


Best things in life are the most simple things money can't buy.

Supplies: 
Sizzix Trophy die
Sizzix Bigshot machine
others: cardstock, ribbon, white pen, adhesives

No comments:

AddThis